International Enrolment

An International Student Application Form and Enrolment Agreement must be completed.

The International Student Accommodation Agreement section must be completed if the student will be living in a homestay while enrolled at the school.

If the International student intends to live with a relative the Designated Caregiver Agreement section should be completed instead of the Homestay Application section.

In order to process a Student Study Visa, the New Zealand Immigration Service will want to see evidence of enrolment and a receipt for payment of the tuition fee. The College will provide a letter of confirmation once these two requirements are met.

Further information can be obtained from the Dean of International Students, Mr Jim Salter, email:
or the Principal, Mr Andrew Savage: email:

Online Enrolment

Apply using the online International Student Application Form.

Download Documents

Enrolment Documents

International Prospectus

International Fees

Caring for International Students

The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International learners) Code of Practice 2021 Tawa College is a signatory to the The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International learners) Code of Practice 2021. The full Code can be accessed at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.

Grievance Policy

Concerns and complaints procedures
(1) Contact the International Student Dean if it is a homestay issue or if it is a matter relating to your studies. If it is a financial matter, see the Executive Officer.
(2) If the complaint is not dealt with to your satisfaction, bring the issue to the Principal.
(3) If you are still not satisfied you may ask the Board of Trustees to consider the matter.
(4) If you believe the school has breached the Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students and you have not been able to settle the matter following the College’s internal procedures, you may bring the matter to Student Complaints.

Student Complaints is a free and independent service established by the Ministry of Education
to help international students resolve financial or contractual complaints with their education providers.

Financial and contractual disputes are complaints that involve the terms of your contract to study or complaints that involve money, such as refund requests.

Most complaints can be resolved directly with education providers, however Student Complaints is here to help if you cannot reach an agreement together.